WILL COUNTY REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE AUGUST 20, 2020 MONTHLY MEETING
6:30 PM Meet & Greet /7 p.m. GENERAL MEETING
WCRCC MONTHLY MEETING AGENDA
Joe Kral – Vice Chair
- Call to order. Opening Prayer. Pledge of Allegiance.
Roll Call – Township Attendance– Judy Wooten – Secretary
- Zoom meeting Participants PLEASE SIGN IN VIA THE CHAT
- If you are dialing in via audio only, please send Judy and me a text msg as such
- Recognizing first-time guests to our monthly meeting.
- Brief Announcements - Events, Candidate UPDATES ONLY, etc. Check calendar for details
- Jonathan T. Gilliam/WCRCC/AM560 Fundraiser Friday 28 August 5p.m. to 8:30p.m. outside venue Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm 17250 S. Weber Rd. Lockport, IL.
Legislative & County Board Updates
- Patty Deiters – Update on the Defeat Justice Kilbride initiative
- Introduction of Guest Speaker – Andrew Nelms – Senior Advisor Americans for Prosperity. “The Graduated Income Tax” – aka Pritzker’s Progressive Income Tax. It should be called the Accelerated Income Tax. 25 minutes on the take down plan. 15 minutes Q&A
George L. Pearson – Chairman
- WCRCC – BUSINESS AT HAND
- General consent to accept Treasurer’s Reports for: July 2020
- Approval of Minutes for: July 2020
- Staying Up-To-Date on current affairs/sources – Alyssia Benford, Executive Director WCRCC – Meetings in the Crest Hill Headquarters Office and on Zoom
- Secretary Report – Judy Wooten
- Treasurer Report – Steve Weber
- WCRCC – OLD BUSINESS
Will County – 304 Precincts – 178 filled
- 455,935 Registered Voters 01/16/2020 up from 440,623 in June
- Poll Watchers/ Election Judges/ New Polling Place List
Data Books are almost ready! All inquiries for data to be sent to George Pearson/Judy Wooten/Alyssia Benford
- Clerk’s Office sent in some wrong information Republicans as Democrats
- Comparing data from the State Board of Elections now
- WCRCC BUSINESS – NEW BUSINESS
Chairman’s Report –
- Rick Munoz – State’s Attorney – lost the ballot challenge
- Both Frankie Pretzel and Raquel Mitchell won their judicial review challenges
- CB Dist. 1 candidate Amy Perez
- By the time we are fighting a cultural change in our politics it is already too late
Plan lock-step messaging, campaigning, fundraising, & fun-raisers
- GOP Jamboree – Rob Cruz – Konow Farms in Homer Glen Sept 18th,
- Discuss school choice during this time
- ILLINOIS GOP WEBSITE: DemCorruption.com
- Facebook Forum; The ILGOP Forum
Supporting all our Republican candidates / Candidate Support Committee
- Donald J. Trump #45, President of these United States!
- Nick Ficarello – County Executive vs Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant
- James Jim Buiter (Crete Township Clerk) – vs Auditor Duffy Blackburn
- Gretchen Fritz (County Board Dist. 5 member)- vs Recorder of Deeds Karen Stukel
- Jim Piacentini (Crete Township Trustee Firefighter & Chicago Fire Extra) – Coroner vs Laurie Sommers (former CB 1)
- Raquel Mitchell Slated in the 3rdCB Dist. – Won Ballot challenge
- Amena “Amy” Perez CB Dist. 1
- County Board Dist. 8
- CB Dist. 10 – lost seat
- Frankie Pretzel and Tom Weigel in CB Dist. 12 (Frankfort/Mokena/New Lenox/Green Garden) Must hold! Two extreme leftists – Ballot Challenge
- Debbie Kraulidis and Gerald Smith Running in CB Dist. 13 (Plainfield) We could pick up one if we work Plainfield correctly with McCullagh and Batinick! - Rachel Ventura has accused Mark Ferry of Sexual Harassment. Ferry has since apologized for his remarks https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-will-harassment-complaint-st-0618-20200617-7ogckiten5bv7ehqvkzibjf5oe-story.html
US Senate Candidates –
- Mark Curran former Lake County Sheriff vs Dick Durbin
US Congressional Candidates:
- 1stCD – Philanise White vs. Bobby Rush
- 2ndCD –Theresa Raborn vs. Robin Kelly
- 3rdCD – Mike Fricilone vs Marie Newman
- 11thCD – Rick Laib vs. Bill Foster
- 14thCD Jim Oberweis vs. Lauren Underwood
- 16thCD – Adam Kinzinger R (Incumbent) vs. Dani Brzozowski
- Unopposed vs. Hastings D-19th
- Dr. Eric Wallace, Ph.D. vs. Patrick Joyce State Senate Dist.40th
- Ben Bierly vs. John Connor for Senate Dist. 43rd
- Tom McCullagh vs. Meg Loughran Cappel for Senate Dist.49th
- Unopposed - vs. (Thaddeus Jones 29th)
- Unopposed – (vs. Nick Smith D-34th)
- Tim Ozinga vs Michelle Fadeley- Extreme leftist for the 37thDist.
- McStephen “Max” Solomon vs. Debbie Meyers-Martin D- 38th
- Unopposed vs. Anthony DeLuca 80thState Rep.
- Ron Doweidt vs Dagmara Avelar 85thDist.
- Unopposed vs Larry Walsh Jr. for the 86thDist.
- Unopposed vs Natalie Manley for the 98thDist.
Five Republican Judges Vote YES for Retention
- Chief Judge Richard Schoenstedt
- Dave Carlson
- Daniel Rippy
- Amy M. Bertani-Tomczak
- Susan T. O’Leary
- 10.OPEN FORUM
* NEXT MONTHLY MEETING: September17th, 2020 at the Headquarters
Will County Republican Central Committee Office
21109 Division Street Crest Hill, IL. 60403
Meet & Greet 6:30 P.M.
General Meeting 7 p.m.